In the spring of 1959, Rev. William E. Nash, an adult Sunday School teacher at the Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church, felt the Lord leading him to establish a Baptist ministry in the Upper Marlboro area. He worked through the Department of Missions and Evangelism of the DC Baptist Convention and on May 24, 1959 the first service was held in the Masonic Lodge. On March 17, 1963, the chapel was constituted as the First Baptist Church of Upper Marlboro.
For 45 years, the First Baptist Church of Upper Marlboro has been sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in this community. A lot has happened in that time for which we thank God. In November of 2005, we moved to our new location on Rt. 301 south and continue to shine the light of the gospel in this community and around the world.